In honor of the first full day of summer in the U.S., here’s a tongue-in-cheek look at a summer tradition — lemonade stands — and how it relates to exhibiting. Enjoy!
Top 10 Signs Your Child is Destined to Join the Exhibit Industry
10. Designs their lemonade stand for better traffic flow
9. Creates pre-show mailers with a special offer for lemonade purchasers
8. Sends out press kits and assigns a media liaison
7. Offers novelty straws as a promotional giveaway
6. Uses lead cards to compile a targeted list for next year’s lemonade stand
5. Trains the stand’s staff by role-playing and gives instructions on engaging people
4. Supervises the I&D of the lemonade stand
3. Incorporates interactive demonstrations (squeezing the lemons)
2. Uses large backlit graphic of a lemon wedge being squeezed into a glass
1. Is considering adding a mobile lemonade stand for next year
© 2002-2012 Marlys K. Arnold (from the July 2002 TradeShowTips Online. To receive tips like this in your inbox every month, please take a moment to fill out this request.)
Want to reprint this article in your blog or ezine?
You may do so as long as it is reprinted exactly as written, and it includes the copyright notice plus the author bio (below).
About the Author:
With experiences as both an exhibitor and a show organizer, Marlys Arnold has a unique perspective on trade show exhibiting. She travels the country consulting and training both exhibitors and show managers, and is the author of Build a Better Trade Show Image (2002), host of the Trade Show Insights blog-cast and creator of the ExhibitorEd training kit. To request access to her free video series, “7 Mistakes Exhibitors Make (and how to avoid them),” go to www.imagespecialist.com/7mistakes.
The following two tabs change content below.
With experiences as both an exhibitor and a show organizer, Marlys Arnold has a unique perspective on trade show exhibiting. As an exhibit marketing strategist, she travels the country consulting and training on how to create experiential exhibits that produce significantly higher numbers of qualified leads. She’s led workshops for events ranging from local consumer expos to some of the largest trade shows in the U.S. She hosts the Trade Show Insights
blog/podcast, and is the author of Build a Better Trade Show Image
, the Exhibitor Education Manifesto
, and the ExhibitorEd Success System
. She’s also the founder of the Exhibit Marketers Café
, an online education community. To request an “Extra Shot of Exhibit Success” go to www.ExhibitMarketersCafe.com