This week, Social Media Examiner posted 30 predictions from experts on what to expect this coming year. It’s definitely worth clicking over to read the entire article, but here’s a quick summary for you:
- Consolidate & focus (tips #1 & 16) – Which tools are working? Where does your target audience hang out?
- Use photos & videos (tips #2, 13 & 14) – Hard to believe YouTube is only 6 years old. How did we ever live without it? And more important … you are using video in your trade show marketing, right?
- Work strategically (tips #4 & 9) – This is the bottom line … don’t waste time using tools that aren’t working to reach your target audience … period.
- Use metrics (tips #7 & 16) – How do you measure social media results?
- Maximize Facebook marketing (tips #10 & 19) – This 800-pound gorilla of the social media world is on track to hit One Billion (yes, with a capital B) members this year. How can you get more results from it?
- Curate & sort (tips #5 & 17) – Yes, there’s a sea of information overload out there. That’s why you need to be “The Source” for your audience. (On a personal note, that’s one of my goals for 2012 … to become YOUR source for all things trade show related!)
- Social + mobile (tips #21 & 22) – These two marketing worlds are definitely merging … are you on board with both?