The color prognosticators have spoken, and the future looks bright!
The past few years, toned-down and sober colors were the trend – no surprise considering with the situation we were all dealing with.
But now the predictions are decidedly more upbeat for 2023.
Each fall, color experts and paint manufacturers select the colors they believe will shape our lives in the coming year. Then in December, Pantone weighs in with their Color of the Year – we’ll get to that in a minute.
Here’s what the color experts have selected:
- Spanish Moss – a deep forest green from Krylon
- Vining Ivy – a blue-green that skews both contemporary and traditional from PPG
- Darkroom – an elegant, modern charcoal from HGTV Home by Sherwin-Williams (part of an entire palette of classic neutrals chosen for 2023)
- Valspar also chose an entire palette with a variety of greens and sandy neutrals
- Redend Point – an earthy, reddish-beige reminiscent of the Desert Southwest from Sherwin-Williams
- Raspberry Blush – a bright pinkish-coral from Benjamin Moore (who also partnered with Chromeo to create a song celebrating the color – watch the video to hear a snippet)
- Terra Rosa – another deep rosy pink from Dunn Edwards
And as for Pantone … it’s all-out bold with Viva Magenta, an animated red described as rebellious, bold and fearless. And true to the audacious color, Pantone declares “Welcome to the Magentaverse!”
So what does this mean for exhibit marketers and show organizers?
Even if your basic colors are set for 2023, study these design trends and plan to incorporate some into your marketing materials or accent elements.
Let’s all celebrate the bold and fearless year ahead!
What do you think of the 2023 colors? How do you plan to incorporate them into your designs? Please share in the comments below.
Stop wasting money on displays that aren’t effective!
Inside this guide, you’ll discover how to avoid the most common – and not always obvious – mistakes in exhibit design. Create a multisensory experience that exceeds expectations and connects with attendees.