On social media sites, there’s a common practice of posting a blast from the past on “Throwback Thursdays.” So today, in honor of the 15th anniversary of the TradeShowTips Online ezine, I’m reprinting tips from Issue 1. It’s interesting that while many aspects of exhibiting have changed, the ultimate reasons for doing so have not.
Reasons to Exhibit at Trade Shows
- Introduce new products and/or services
- Make on-the-spot sales
- Meet potential customers & showcase to existing ones
- Conduct market research (product testing)
- Recruit new sales force
- Gain names for mailing list (qualified leads)
- Target a specific market segment
- Create or enhance company image
- Distribute product samples/special offers
- Low advertising cost per person reached
The more these reasons apply to you, the more you should be doing trade shows! You should also evaluate each show to see if it truly fits with your reasons before you sign up to exhibit.
Want to receive the monthly tips ezine in your e-mail inbox? Simply fill out this quick & easy form!