Last week at IAEE’s Expo! Expo! in Baltimore, the Future Trends Task Force released the 2015 report on Future Trends Impacting the Exhibitions and Events Industry. Most of the topics don’t come as any great surprise:
- Big Data collection and analysis, including onsite data capture technology
- Wi-Fi capabilities and costs at facilities
- Wearable computing and the Internet of Things (IoT)
- Multi-generational engagement and participation
- Data security and hacking, as well as physical security issues
The report also features two case studies on how show organizers at Emerald Expositions and Reed Exhibitions are dealing with and implementing changes to their shows. A free copy of the Future Trends report can be downloaded from the IAEE website. But the bottom line is that in order to survive and thrive in the future, shows need to move out of their comfort zone and create more engaging and valuable experiences for both exhibitors and attendees.
Watch for more in-depth posts in on several of these issues in 2016. But in the meantime, feel free to leave a comment below on which topics you feel are most important or would like to know more about.