Trade show giveaways work best when part of an overall marketing strategy instead of a willy-nilly, “let’s hand ’em out by the thousands” approach.
But beyond the basic strategy, the most effective exhibitors have a more in-depth perspective. Our friends at SocialPoint conducted a survey to discover exhibitors’ key strategies, features, choices, and benefits of great giveaways. Below are a few highlights, but you can find a more complete breakdown on the SocialPoint blog (including a list of the actual items that worked best for them).
- 53% offer multiple levels of giveaways, with more valuable gifts going to the best leads
- 36% require attendees to provide info or watch a demo to get the item
- 61% choose items that are perceived as valuable and useful to their target market
- 83% say the biggest reason for giveaways is to help booth visitors remember them after the show
- 75% say giveaways help booth staffers start conversations
For more insights on using giveaways strategically, be sure to check out these other posts on Trade Show Insights:
- How to Score More Leads Using Gamification Strategies (podcast interview with Samuel J. Smith from SocialPoint)
- Smart Giveaways at EXHIBITORLive 2018 (video)
- Weekly Insights: Gifts Attendees Will Keep & Use
- How to Choose the Right Giveaway Items (podcast interview with Rosalie Marcus from Lasting Impressions)