We all want our trade shows and events to be memorable.
Instead they often wind up mostly forgotten by the audience. But Phil Mershon doesn’t believe it has to be that way. Listen in as he shares strategies for how to:
- Lean into your audience’s interests to create “magical moments”
- Pay attention to the audience journey (especially for first-timers)
- Create a culture for serendipity
- Craft ways to avoid overwhelm
Here are links to resources related to our interview:
- Social Media Marketing World
- The Power of Moments by Chip & Dan Heath
- Phil’s book, Unforgettable: The Art & Science of Creating Memorable Experiences (coming in 2023 – follow him on LinkedIn for details)
(Note: Some links on this page are affiliate links, which means if you click on them and choose to purchase I may receive a small commission or other compensation. You will not pay more for buying a product through these links. I’m disclosing this in accordance with FTC regulations regarding endorsements.)
About Phil Mershon
Phil Mershon is an idea generator who loves to combine products and ideas that help events become memorable and life-changing.
As director of experiences for Social Media Examiner, he oversees the signature event, Social Media Marketing World. He also leads online events like Video Marketing Summit and Facebook Ads Summit. And it’s not surprising that people often leave those events saying, “Best conference ever!”
Phil also hosts the Man in the Pew podcast for Christian men who want to integrate their faith into all aspects of their life, plus he’s the author of the upcoming book, Unforgettable: The Art & Science of Creating Memorable Experiences.
(Transcript coming soon)
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 29:51 — 27.7MB) | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | More